Bags for 17 Inch Laptops
This morning I sat down at my desk and went to get my water bottle out of my bag. It was upside down and had leaked over everything. This is because I have a cheap bag which is basically one great abyss for everything to be carelessly thrown into, my laptop, my notebook, lunch, phone, pens… the list is endless. In addition, each day I have to root around for ten minutes just to find a single item! But like they say; don’t cry over spilled milk, or water for that case, because the solution is compartmentalised laptop bags! Indeed, these sleek and efficient laptop bags only want to make your life easier and here’s why.
Why you need a heavy-duty laptop bag
A decent laptop bag is really an investment in yourself and in your well-being. We all know the pain of aching shoulders from cheap shoulder bags or unsupportive backpacks. These heavy-duty laptop bags are designed for comfort and convenience, they allow you to store everything you need and most importantly they keep it secure.
Which is best and what to look for
When looking to buy a laptop bag you don’t want to blow all your hard-earned money on a flashy bag with no real character. These bags have unique purposes whether you are a student trying to be more organised, a traveller who looks for the convenience of having an easily accessible USB port, or a full-time mum who needs to fit everything into just one bag! Made with heavy-duty material and strong zips to ensure durability each of these bags has been tried and tested, rest assured they will not disappoint.
When buying a laptop bag here are the key features to look for:
- Made with strong materials
- Convenience, the ease of accessing your belongings
- Aesthetics, it might be vain, but you’ll love the compliments
- How relevant is it to your lifestyle, does it fit your needs?
The Best Bag for Students – The XQXA Laptop Backpack
This sleek backpack will suit anyone who carries a lot of books or files. The minimalist design is attractive and helps the bag to go unnoticed no matter how crammed it is with books; because no-one wants to look like a hermit crab carrying all of their worldly possessions around with them.
- USB charging port. On the go? This bag allows for easy access to a charger via a built-in charging cable, no more diving around your bag looking for the cable. It is convenient and is guaranteed to save you precious study time.
- Multiple compartments. With so many compartments you can lay everything systematically, your friends will be jealous of how organised you are.
- Face changing; no not like the 90’s film starring Nicholas Cage. The front layer of this backpack is water resistant and removable for easy cleaning.
- Its modular design allows you to even remove the front to have a slimmer backpack to fit the way you want to wear it.
- Made from high-quality materials and thick shoulder straps for even weight distribution.
- High-quality zippers. One of the most, if not the most, important features of any backpack. They offer smooth closures to the pockets.
- The back bandage also allows for an easy fixture to a suitcase or other trolley to relieve your shoulders when travelling.
- It does not have the largest capacity compared to others on the market.
- It is not water resistant in heavy rain, therefore it is unsuitable if you cycle to work every day.
- Its minimalist design is not very exciting, and it only comes in the colours grey and black.
- Due to its sleek design, it is not as durable as other bags out there.
- No security features for keeping your laptop safe.
The Best Backpack for Travelling: The Yorepek RS-A1
Not to be mocked, this style is probably the most durable and convenient backpack to ever have been made. Since time began dad has always had to carry the heavy loads, from cavemen carrying rocks, to dads at airport security trying to organise the family’s documents. Whilst they are not subjectively made for dads, they suit this lifestyle perfectly. But for anyone who doesn’t like to travel lightly this bag is also perfect for you, with over twenty compartments and an amazing 45L capacity! After all, it is better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
- Specially designed for airplane travel. Including a built-in USB port for easily accessible charging. This bag flies through airport security with its easily foldable layers. It also has mesh side pockets for easy access.
- This bag features ventilated layers for convection heat elimination, no more sweat patch on your back! It also has wide padded straps for even weight distribution helping to relieve your shoulders and they can be easily adjusted to fit perfectly.
- Huge 45L capacity and over 20 independent multi-pockets. This backpack also contains a built-in USB port and a hole for your headphones.
- This bag is made from high-quality polyester and a high-density nylon lining for tear resistance and water resistance.
- The side compression straps also keep the bag at whatever size you want to avoid it looking too bulky when it is packed full.
- Not the most attractive of them all.
- Bulky and lacks a sleek inventive design.
- Limited range of colours to purchase.
- Complicated, with so many compartments it can be hard to remember which one you put your phone in!
- Offers no security features, for example, locks.
The Best Backpack for Security: The Kensington SecureTrek
This is the most secure backpack of them all, yet it is elegant in its looks and has so many fancy features. It is comparable to a suitcase in that its interior has zip-up compartments, the only difference is that it can be worn on your back as opposed to dragged around the airport.
- Anti-theft security system. Safeguard the contents by clicking the zipper pulls into the lock base, a lock can also be added to secure the backpack to a fixed object.
- Padded compartments for your devices to prevent any damage. Also, shielded by an anti-puncture zipper in a durable poly twill material.
- Comfort, padded back allows for lumbar support and stops your belongings pressing against your back while they are in the bag.
- Pass through band allows it to be strapped to any suitcase or trolley for more convenience when travelling.
- Ample space includes a whole organiser which zips up just like a suitcase.
- Only comes in black
- Not very feminine, might not appeal to a female audience.
- The square shape is not as comfortable as the classic rounded backpack shape.